I’ve been making a variation of this Brussel Sprout salad for years, yet never posted it as a recipe. That’s because it’s not really a recipe, it’s really just a few things thrown together, that until now, I’ve never measured. They taste magical but so does avocado toast, and that’s something you take a pretty picture of and gram – not share as a recipe.
I’ve shared it on Instagram multiple times and decided what the heck, I’ll share it here too. For posterity. And because I buy Brussel Sprouts with the sole reason of making this salad. So, if you have a bag of Brussel Sprouts in your fridge and are looking for another way to prep them, here’s our favourite Brussel Sprout salad.
You can serve it as a side or eat the whole thing for lunch. You can also change up the add-ins. The critical ingredients are Brussel Sprouts, Avocado and pecans (preferably a sweet and spicy variation). You can add in feta, dried cranberries or some pomegranate arils like I did here.
Our favourite Brussel Sprout Salad
- 300g brussel sprouts one packet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- handful pecans roughly chopped
- pomegranate arils
- dried cranberries
- Trim the bottom of the Brussel sprouts and cut in half (if the outer leaves are a bit brown, remove them), wash well.
- Add olive oil to a medium pan and heat. Add in the Brussel sprouts. Sauté on a low flame for 10 minutes, stirring often. When they are tender and nicely browned they’re ready.
- Turn off the flame and add in balsamic vinegar. Toss to combine.
- Transfer to a bowl and add in avocado slices. Season with salt and pepper
- Add in pecans and if using extras add the pomegranate, feta or cranberries.