6 ingredients and 15 minutes is all it takes to make these deliciously cholately chewy brownie cookies. They were inspired by the new OKJA chocolate spread. When I first got it, I knew I wanted to make a cookie from it. It’s a delicious Nutella like spread that is vegan, palm oil free, fair trade approved and sweetened with cane sugar automatically making it a better option. However, it’s still a chocolate spread and my preferred use of it is within baking. Turns out it’s the perfect spread for making a brownie in a cookie form. These brownie cookies have that rich brownie chocolate taste with crinkly tops and the chewy center you get in a brownie. They also take just 15 minutes from start to finish.
A note on the recipe;
While I used the OKJA chocolate hazelnut spread (available here as a single and here in a 3-pack), you could use Nutella, Delinut, Pezek Zman Spread or any chocolate hazelnut spread that has a very creamy texture.
6 ingredient Chocolate Hazelnut Brownie Cookies
- ¾ cup Okja Hazelnut Spread
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- fleur de sel optional, for sprinkling
- Line or spray a baking sheet and preheat the oven to 180°C
- Add the chocolate hazelnut spread and sugar to a stand mixer and beat until well combined, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the egg and beat until just mixed in. You may need to scrape the sides to incorporate the batter properly.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt to the mixer and beat until fully combined.
- Scoop out 2tbsp sized balls of the cookie dough mixture (I use a cookie scoop) and place on your prepared baking sheet 5cm apart (they do spread).
- if you're using flour de sel, sprinkle a little on the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes, let cool completely before removing from the pan.