Homemade Cocoa Pops are the easiest cereal to make! They use just 4 ingredients and are ready in under 15 minutes giving you your favourite childhood cereal made better.
I used puffed millet (found here), but you can use puffed rice if you prefer – just go for a wholesome brand like this and not rice crispies. The trick to getting them crisp is laying them out in an even layer and then waiting for them to cool completely before breaking up. They’ll technically last a week…but are good enough to eat in one sitting.
Homemade Cocoa Pops
- 4 cups puffed millet
- 4 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (and fan)
- Combine all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Spread mixture on a lined baking tray in an even layer.
- Bake for 8 minutes, turning the pan around half way. Let it cool completely before breaking into pieces. Store in an airtight container for 1 week.