This veggie noodle bowl is perfect for days when there’s a slight chill and you want something warm and comforting. Carrots and peppers are spiced with some ginger and then covered in a vegetable broth to create a light soup, which is then poured over egg noodles. Top with a soft boiled egg and a handful of nutrient dense and fragrant microgreens for a delicious meal.
Hot Veggie Noodle Bowl with broth, eggs and microgreens
- 4 egg noodle nests I use the egg noodles from Woolworths
- 6 cup vegetable broth
- 1 medium yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 3 carrots julienned
- 4-6 soft-boiled eggs
- 200g microgreens
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the packet. Once cooked, drain them and set aside.
- Prepare your veggies. Chop the onion. Cut the red pepper into thin strips and using a julienne peeler, julienne the carrots. If you don’t have a julienne peeler you can cut the carrots into thin strips instead.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot and add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent and fragrant (about 5 minutes). Add the ginger, salt, pepper, red pepper and julienned carrots. Cook for another 5 minutes until the pepper and carrots are cooked but still crispy.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil. Once boiling it’s ready to serve.
- To serve, divide the noodles between bowls, pour the vegetable and broth mixture over and top your dish with a soft boiled egg and a handful of microgreens.