Long winter nights demand a steaming hot drink (and a hot water bottle). A hot toddy pretty much transforms a tea into a hot wintery cocktail. This Lemon Hot Toddy can be made with or without alcohol. You can choose the traditional route and spike it with some whiskey or leave it as a spicy tea that’ll soothe the winter blues.
Lemon Honey Hot Toddy
- 2 cups water
- 2 tea bags we used black tea
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger sliced
- honey to taste
- 2 shots whiskey optional
- Combine water, cinnamon stick, ginger and tea bags in a small pot and bring to boil.
- When it has come to a boil, remove from heat and let seep for about 1 minute.
- Add lemon juice to the mixture
- Strain liquid into two glasses and add honey to taste and whiskey if so desired.
- Enjoy hot