This is an easy to make basic pasta salad that requires a few ingredients to make a delicious lunch. It’s the type of salad you can prepare in advance and leave in the fridge until you’re read to eat it. I like the roasted veggies in this salad, and they give it that delicious caramelized flavour which requires almost no additional dressing (plus they hold up well in the fridge). To bulk it up you can add in chickpeas or some greens like rocket or herbs like parsly. If you are adding greens, add them just before serving so they don’t wilt.
I roast my beetroots on the same pan as the butternut and eggplant but to one side and not mixed in. I find this helps them not bleed into the other veggies and colour them, but if you don’t mind purple coloured veggies you can just toss them all together and roast.
Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad
- 4 small Beets peeled and cut into cubes (approx. 2 cups chopped)
- 1 small butternut peeled, seeded and cut into cubes (approx. 2 cups chopped)
- 1 large eggplant washed and cut into cubes (approx. 2 cups chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g pasta screw noodle / penne pasta
- 1/2 C feta
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200
- Add all the prepared and chopped vegetables to a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Mix to coat the vegetables with olive oil and spread them out so they are not overlapping. Season salt and pepper and bake for 30-40 minutes until the vegetables are tender and slightly crisped on the outside.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool
- In the meantime, cook your pasta al dente (you want to pasta to be firm and not too soft). Once cooked, drain and let cool.
- Combine the roasted veggies and pasta in a large bowl. Drizzle a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Add in crumbled feta and parsley if desired.