This is a light pasta salad made with the Gluten Free Buckwheat Pasta, from our guide to gluten-free pastas. Firm with a hint of that buckwheat nuttiness, these spirals are perfect for a salad. This salad is packed with green vegetables, chickpeas for some protein and sun dried tomatoes which add an extra texture and taste. The tahini dressing is the perfect creaminess and also allows this salad to remain nut free and vegan.
If you can’t find Romanesco, a small broccoli head will work as well.
Spring Buckwheat Pasta Salad with Tahini
- 1 packet Buckwheat Pasta Spirals
- 1 small Romanesco washed and cut into small florets
- 2 C edamame beans
- 200g baby tomatoes washed and sliced
- 1/4 C sundried tomatoes chopped
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/4 C rocket
- 1/3 C tahini
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced (aprox 1/4 C lemon juice)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove
- 1-2 tbsp water to thin out
- Salt to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. When it’s cooked, drain and let cool.
- While the pasta is cooking, boil a large pot of water on the stove, and prepare a bowl of ice cold water. When the pot of water is boiling, drop the Romanesco florets and edamame beans into it. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until they’re tender but still bright green. Remove and immediately drain and immerse them in the cold water, until they cool. Drain once cool, about 10-15 minutes.
- Make the tahini dressing by whisking together all the ingredients until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, Romanesco, edamame, tomatoes, chickpeas, sundried tomatoes and rocket. Add the tahini dressing and toss well to coat.
- This salad will last for up to two days in an airtight container in the fridge.
This post was brought to you in partnership with Faithful to Nature, an online Organic Shop which stocks a range of green foods, cosmetics, appliances and more…
Thank you for supporting the brands that support us!