The weather’s getting colder, pomegranates are in season and if you know me, you know it’s time for another roasted, raw, crispy, and creamy salad. This year’s combination is kale, roasted sweet potato, avocado, haloumi cheese and pomegranates. It’s a salad that’s substantial enough to be a meal and travels well which means you can make ahead and take to work.
- 2 medium orange sweet potatoes
- 2 handfuls kale
- 1 pomegranate seeds removed
- 250 grams haloumi cheese
- 2 tablespoon olive oil plus more for roasting the sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 Degrees C
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into cubes. Toss with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and spread out in a baking tray. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are fully cooked and slightly browned.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking prep the rest of the salad:Wash the kale and remove the stems, cut into thin strips, and set aside. Cut the avocado into cubesDeseed the pomegranateCut the haloumi cheese into cubes and fry in a frying pan in a little bit of olive oil until browned and crisp. Make sure to get each side crispy by turning them over.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked assemble the salad:Combine everything in a large bowl and add in olive oil, white wine vinegar and lemon juice. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper.