Yellow kiwis are one hundred percent better than green kiwis. They have a similar bright and tart taste, but don’t leave you with a scratchy mouth, like the green ones do. They’re also slightly softer, so use them up quick when you get them.
The yellow kiwi smoothie is simple, but the tart berry swirls take it over the edge. It’s not an overly sweet smoothie, but rather a tart and zingy one.
Yellow Kiwi Smoothie with Berry Swirls
- 1 C chopped yellow kiwi frozen
- 1/2 banana peeled, sliced and frozen
- 3/4 C coconut water
- 1/2 C mixed berries
- 1 lime juiced
- Add kiwi, banana and coconut water to a blender and blitz till smooth.
- Add ½ C mixed berries plus lime juice to a glass and muddle with the back of a spoon.
- Pour smoothie over berry mixture and serve.