Avocado can be used to replace butter in baking. It can also be used in smoothies or sweet treats to create a smooth and creamy texture without overpowering the dish. I’ve used avocado to make chocolate mousse before and decided to add a bit more liquid, pour into ice lolly mold and freeze it. The result? Rich and creamy healthy fudgesicles that can pass for chocolate ice cream. Don’t let the avocado scare you, the cocoa powder turns it a chocolatey brown so it’s completely hidden and you can’t taste it at all.
These healthy fudgesicles use medjool dates for added sweetness; but if you can’t get medjool dates you can use regular dried pitted dates. Just remember to soak them in warm water for 5 minutes to soften them so the blend easier and smoother.
4 Ingredients Fudgesicles [Vegan, Gluten Free, No added Sugar]
- 1 avocado peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup plant milk almond, rice, coconut
- 4 medjool dates
You will also need
- Popsicle Mold and sticks
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop out the flesh into a blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend till you get a smooth pudding like texture
- Divide between two ice lolly molds and freeze overnight, until solid.
- To remove, run warm water over the outside of the ice lolly molds until it releases