If you frequent at Tashas you may have seen Nurish’s bright bottles brimming with cold-pressed juices, or you may have read this piece on the best places to get your juice fix in South Africa. Started by Helanki Stander who has a passion for improving people’s lives through Juicing, Nurish offers a range of cold-pressed juices and cleanses.
We chatted to Helanki about what to look out for when juicing, what makes Nurish juices different and why you can’t live on just juice.
Nurish Juice Co is also be giving away 6x 10 Juice Life style packs for the next 3 months, so read on for details!
What is juicing?
Simply put, juicing is extracting juice from fruit and vegetables.
How are Nurish Juice Co juices made?
Nurish Juice Co uses a range of cold press juicers to produce a juice that is completely RAW and unpasteurised. It is not exposed to high pressures or temperatures that will denature or destroy any enzymes that naturally occur in raw fruit and vegetables
We believe that simply extracting the juice from fruit and vegetables is just not good enough so we add back the fibre into the juices.
Why add back fiber into juices?
All Nurish juices have fiber, we love fibre for these reasons:
- Fiber smooths out digestion and absorption of glucoseand fats in the small intestine.
- Adding back fiber reduces the glycemic index of the fruit and vegetable juice.
- Fiber provides fuel for the healthy or “good” bacteria in your large intestine.
- Fiber speeds up transit though the intestines to remove waste and toxins from our body and regulates bowel action, and reduces cancer risks.
What are the benefits of juicing?
- Juicing delivers vitamins, minerals and enzymes that the body can use right away.
- Juicing boosts your immune system.
- Juicing can help reduce high blood pressure and high levels of bad cholesterol.
- Juicing neutralizes your bodies pH. Diseases love to hang out and multiply in acidic conditions.
- Juicing enables you to take in a high quantity of fruits and vegetables and a wide variety too! No one enjoys eating a plate of raw spinach!
- Juicing improves energy levels.
- Juicing slows down and can even reverse the signs of aging.
- Juicing hydrates your body.
- Juicing detoxifies the body.
What advice do you have for starting juicing in a healthy way?
I believe that juicing should become a lifestyle. No one can live on juice and juice alone. Life is about balance.
I recommend juicing in a way that is sustainable and maintainable. This can be very simply achieved by incorporating two fruit and vegetable juices into your diet on a daily basis. Two juices a day will give you your 5 to 7 required fruit and vegetables portions. Remember protein is good for you, so try and stick to lean proteins for dinner and lunch!
Win one of six 10 Juice Life style Packs from Nurish Juice Co
Over the next 3 months we’ll be giving away SIX 10 Juice Lifestyle Packs worth R390 each from Nurish Juice. To enter tell us why Nurish Juice co puts the fiber back into their juices in the comments below, or follow us on Facebook to enter one of the Facebook Nurish comeptitions.
October Prize (2 x 10 Juice Lifestyle Packs): Competition ends Wednesday, 12 October [Winners: Annemarie Robbertse and Gabie Vermeulen]
November Prize (2 x 10 Juice Lifestyle Packs): Competition ends Wednesday, 16 November [Winners: Cally Heath and Pranya Naidoo]
December Prize (2 x 10 Juice Lifestyle Packs): Competition ends Tuesday, 6 December
Valid only for Johannesburg delivery
By entering you agree to our terms & conditions
This prize is sponsored by Nurish Juice Co