I have wanted to try Lancome Lash Idole Mascara for YEARS. Often mentioned as one of the favourite mascaras of every makeup artist I follow, it has cult status.
Mascara recommendations can be tricky because everyone is after a different effect. When it comes to mascara, I like to stay away from any false lash effects. I like a mascara that gives you a darker, slightly elongated fanned out lash. I don’t like when it looks thick, and I hate a clump. I hate formulas that are too liquidy and I am contact lens wearer so it’s extra important that it doesn’t irritate the eyes. I also don’t want the mascara to run or smudge, but also don’t love a waterproof formula that takes intense effort to remove.
The marketing claims on Lancome’s Lash Idole box basically tick all my requirements. It is a lash lifting volumizing mascara. The volume it promises is described as fanned-out. The wand comprises of 360 micro bristles in a banana like shape that helps prevent clumps and lift the lashes. The formula is a feather light gel formula infused with white tea extract said to make the lashes feathery soft and offers easy removal.
Lancome’s Lash Idole Mascara in Review
- Result is an enhanced natural and subtle look
- Gives you a nice bolder, elongated and fanned out lash
- Lifts your lashes in a curl (it does more for me than a lash curler)
- Is definitely clump free (swiping the bristles through your lashes a few times gives a bolder, not thicker look)
- Formula is nicely creamy as opposed to liquidy or thick
- Doesn’t smudge on me. This is not the waterproof formula but I splashed water on it and it didn’t budge
- Doesn’t irritate my eyes
- Removed easily with a few swipes of Bioderma H20 on a cotton round
- It’s the first mascara I’ve used that doesn’t require me to scrape excess from the wand into the tube
As a comparison, it’s very similar to Benefit’s Roller Lash which was my favourite before this. It just feels like a sleeker formula that glides on more effortlessly and the wand feels more sturdy which helps with swiping it through the lashes.
It is hands down the BEST mascara I have ever used. 10/10 would recommend!
Get it here (R440)
*I tried the 01 Glossy Black, Regular formula