I first came across the idea of savoury granola from Green Kitchen Stories and have played around with different versions ever since. This simple version is made up of seeds, garlic and herbs and comes together quickly. Savoury granola gives you a flavourful crunch to add to salads, soups, sandwiches, dips and atop an egg. Sure, you can add plain seeds or nuts, but roasting them along with some spices and olive oil and you have something vastly better. Some may call this bird food; but to me it’s like that last sprinkle of salt. It finishes off a dish brilliantly.
Garlic and Herb Savoury Granola
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw buckwheat
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Add all the ingredients (except the olive oil) in a bowl and mix together.
- Add the olive oil and mix well so that it fully coats all the dry ingredients.
- Spread it out in an even layer on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, turning the pan around at 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container at room temperature.